Friday, 23 August 2013

Soccer Transfer Updates

Liverpool told to up bid for Derby’s Hughes

Derby County manager Nigel Clough has told Liverpool that they will need to pay more than £6m if they want to sign midfielder Will Hughes, the Metro understands. Clough has also confirmed that the East Midlands club have so far received no offers for the England under 21 star, who he believes is worth far more than the figure previously quoted. It is thought that a fee closer to £10m will be enough to land the 18-year-old, who last week collected his A-Level results, though Clough has stated that they have not placed a specific valuation on the player.



  United closing in on Ronaldo return

Manchester United are in advanced talks with Real Madrid regarding a potential deal that could see Cristiano Ronaldo return to Old Trafford, the Daily Star understands. The two clubs have spent the best part of the last two weeks negotiation a package worth £80m, with the Premier League champions confident of getting the deal over the line. David Moyes increased his efforts to bring the Portuguese international back to Manchester amid Real’s determination to take Tottenham Hotspur’s Gareth Bale to the Bernabeu. The new United manager has so far failed to bring in any of his big name transfertargets,and is keen to secure a marquee signing before the transfer window closes. Ronaldo has made no secret of his wish to one day return to the club where he won three Premier League titles, the FA Cup, two league cups, the Champions League and the FIFA World Club Cup. Chelsea to wait before making third Rooney bid Chelsea will make a third bid for Wayne Rooney, but not until after their game at Old Trafford on Monday evening, according to the Mail Online. The Premier League champions have so far rejected two bids, the latest of which in the region of £25m, for the England international, with manager David Moyes insistent that he is not willing to sell. However, the 27 year old cut a lonely figure after setting up his sides third and fourth goals in the 4-1 opening day victory at Swansea City, adding to suggestions that he is unhappy at the club. Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has made no secret of his desire to sign Rooney, though he has stated that there is a contingency plan in place should United refuse to do business. No other names have been discussed by Mourinho, though Samuel Eto’o has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge, where he would reunite with the manager who he played under to great success at Inter Milan.

 Rodgers dismisses Skrtel transfer talk

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has told Sky Sports News that there is no truth in reports that the club have turned down a bid from Napoli for defender Martin Skrtel. Napoli boss Rafael Benitez has been linked with a move for the defender, who he took to Anfield in 2008 having already been reunited with goalkeeper Pepe Reina. The Slovakia defender has been linked with a move away from Anfield all summer, though the club now appear to be reluctant to let him go. The Reds have brought in defenders Kolo Toure and Aly Cissokho in this transfer window following the retirement of Jamie Carragher, while Daniel Agger has this week quashed any fears that he could be set to move on after declaring his love for club. However, with Rodgers also confirming that center back Sebastian Coates is set to miss the majority of the season after picking up a crucial injury whilst on international duty, they remain short of defensive options.

Source: Soccernews.com